Thursday, September 21, 2017

HEAVY SHIT MAN

You know how it is. You listen to enough music of one type or another and you slowly learn more about it, who the major players are, how the sound evolved, what the roots are, and all that type of shit. Sometimes that can be a good thing. But sometimes over analyzing music defeats the purpose.

Take stoner rock. I don't know shit about it, and I don't want to. I just want to wallow in it. Just fucking loud ass guitar. Stoner rock may be the last bastion. I don't have to be too vested to say that that is a good thing. Loud guitar? Of course. It's simple, keep that fucking torch lit.

This detour started with a click on a unfamiliar band name, Whores of Tijuana. They're exactly what I'm talking about. Imperfect, but loud and grinding. Offensive name? Answer: It's stoner rock. You're thinking too much.

When I went looking for their stuff, I came across the photo above of Sleep, another band I'd never heard. Oh, but my friend Al had. When I mentioned them to him he looked me dead in the eye and said "They're heavy." Gotta say though, I was relieved that the photo above was a gag. Now I'm laughing with them. I think.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Whores of Tijuana - [Self titled] Entire LP at Whores of Tijuana Eight mp3s, lyrics, streaming.
Sleep - Dopesmoker (streaming) at YouTube Entire LP

No comments: