Monday, July 24, 2017

SOME CRAZY SHIT

I remember the first time I heard Eric Dolphy. I'd seen his 'Out To Lunch' LP a million times and always thought it was a cool cover. But there were so many awesome jazz LP covers from the fifties and sixties, a album cover alone couldn't possibly be enough to go on.

One day there was a used copy in the front rack of the local record store, so I asked my buddy Bruce, who was working at the time, to play it. He chuckled and said he couldn't promise he would leave it on. I think I remember his description of it as "frenzied".



After about five minutes, he had had enough of the wigging out. I had to buy it and take it home to listen to the whole thing. He was right, the fucking thing was totally frenzied.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: