Tuesday, November 17, 2015

IT'S BA BA BOOM TIME SOMEWHERE

Listening to a Duke Reid mix earlier today, "Ba Ba Boom" by the Jamaicans came on. That was it, the "one song and out" post I was looking for. A slack night. One problem. I started reminiscing about the first time I heard it, and the fortuitous scores I made that day. "Duke Reid's Greatest Hits", "Alton Ellis Sings Rock 'n' Soul" and "The Sensational Maytals", all in one fell swoop. Brand new. Original labels. Fu-huck. Needless to say it was many years ago. I'm now going down Memory Lane somewhere else, so one song, make that three songs, and out. Dig on the "Ba Ba Boom". A masterpiece of rock steady simplicity. I love this shit.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Jamaicans - Ba Ba Boom mp3 at Smashing Magazine
The Jamaicans - Dedicate My Song to You mp3 at Music ADD
The Jamaicans - Feel the Festive Spirit mp3 at Pixie Radio

No comments: