Sunday, March 15, 2015

HOT JAMAICAN WHAT NOT

Here's a few that I just ran across at Roots and Culture, all originating from a 2007 Soul Jazz compilation, Jamaica Funk. Though how they classify as funk, I'm not sure. But two out of the three are solid jams. The first, "Rhodesia" by the Rebels has some really cool trumpet in the second half, and a very heavy groove. Winston Wright and the Upsetters' "Jam #1" is some seriously fucked up keyboard showcase. I'm not saying anything else. You have to hear it for yourself. The third one is a sweet vocal number from the Chosen Few, whom I've always found to be sweet and vocal.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~  
Listen:
The Rebels - Rhodesia mp3 at Roots and Culture
Winston Wright and the Upsetters - Jam #1
at Roots and Culture
The Chosen Few - I Love the Way You Love mp3 at Roots and Culture
NOTE: They're slow downloads. Go there to hear them streaming.

No comments: