Wednesday, September 5, 2012

JOHN'S GREASER FRIEND


You know, when it gets right down to it, I hate it when blogs tell you how hot shit something is and how you should just lap it up, as if they know something you don't. They just come off as blowhards. Well, call me a blowhard. I think Dan Sartain's stuff is hot shit and you should lap it up. Enough so that I will give him a pass, even though he did one song with Jane Wiedlin from the Go-Gos, which looms big, because I have a strong distaste for her. It's not just because I don't like her persona, it's a character thing. Many years ago, my friends from the band Monitor threw a party in some warehouse in Venice. It was a great party, but a mess to clean up. After all the people wandered out, someone that was helping clean up swept all the crap from the party into one big pile. Jane Wiedlin came back to the party. She was in a tizzy because she had lost an earring that was a small plastic dice. She proceeded to spread the pile that had just been swept up all over the floor again to find her precious earring. A cheap plastic earring. I don't remember if she found it, I just remember she left without helping to clean up the mess that she had just made. This whole digression proves two things: I can hold a grudge for a very long time, and Dan Sartain's shit must really be hot.


Sartain's soft side

His music got me through today, and I thought I'd post his stuff again and, you know, bitch about Jane Wiedlin along the way. Sartain has a newish LP out, a little more punk rock than his past endeavors, it's twelve songs in eighteen minutes. It came out in January, but I've given up waiting for any new mp3s to be posted, so here's some new stuff streaming, and some downloadable goodies that have been posted before. Check the two videos. He's both of these things, and lot more in between.


A minute and a half long song, called "Fuck Friday." This is Occam's Razor.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
From the latest
Dan Sartain - Fuck Friday
(streaming) at Blah Blah Blah Science
Dan Sartain - I'm Aware
(streaming) at DanSartain.com
Dan Sartain with Messmaker Wiedlin - No No No (streaming) at Mad Makerel
Older variety:
Dan Sartain - Atheist Funeral mp3 at Brooklyn Vegan
Dan Sartain - Perverted Justice mp3 at Big Legal Mess
Dan Sartain - Flight of the Finch mp3 at Kolledge Daily
Dan Sartain - Boxcutter in My Boot mp3 at Xtrmntr
Dan Sartain - Who's Sorry Now mp3 at WBHM
Dan Sartain - Baby's Town mp3 at Swami Records
Dan Sartain - Telegram Sam mp3 at Xtrmntr
Dan Sartain - 19 more songs at Xtrmntr Click on the song titles to download
Visit:
Dan Sartain official site
Dan Sartain at Facebook
Dan Sartain at MySpace

No comments: