Sunday, December 27, 2020

THANKS MYSTERY SELECTOR


I live near a fishing pier, a long fishing pier (1971 feet long). It's great for a walk at sunset with a lot of free range lollygagging. Even better with your sister, who you haven't seen in months, on Christmas Eve. The pier is T-shaped. It goes straight out into he ocean and then has wings, one pointed north, the other pointing south. That's the south wing that you see in the photo above, from three nights ago. Awesome sunset, no? As we walked away towards shore, it got more awesome. Someone at that end of that wing had a boombox of some sort and blasted "Sleepwalk" by Santo and Johnny. I had one of those moments, like when Dan Akroyd hears the Barkays' "Soul Finger" way off in the distance in Spies Like Us. The song selection was so was perfect for the time and place I was tempted to walk back out and thank the selector.



My introduction to the awesomeness of Santo and Johnny came from a hand me down record from my Uncle Mike, who was a Duane Eddy and Ventures freak as well, so I'm including the Ventures version too. It's about twice as long as the original. That's a good thing because the only thing that I don't like about the original is that it's too short. It's perfect for a slow dance but, really, what good is a slow dance if it only lasts two and a half minutes? I bet you dollars for donuts that Santo and Johnny were still living at home when they wrote it.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 

No comments: