Monday, October 15, 2012

OKAY, I'LL BITE

There are some songs by Jeff the Brotherhood that kinda bug me, but I was drawn to "Shredder" by the title alone.  And then, to run into a video of a song called "Six Pack," the deal was sealed. I mean, at least the two songs have complementary titles. Sort of.

"Shredder" is good.  Posh Boy-era Red Cross good. If you get that reference, you'll dig it. The "Six Pack" video is a piece of work, even though the song is feh. It starts out like stock footage of frolicking hipsters in nature. It's quite the scene. Actually looks fun. So, I better take back the hipster comment, because I may one day want to party with them. It's good old fashioned lighthearted fun, and the song does kind of grow on you.  Just as it starts getting to seem like the opening of some stoner TV drama (Dawson's Creek Gone Wild), night time comes and there's heavy petting with weird lights.  That part's cool.




~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jeff the Brotherhood - Shredder mp3 at Rollo and Grady

No comments: