Friday, April 29, 2011

WIGGLE ROOM NEEDED


Look at that picture sleeve above, and I'll bet you'll be tempted to take a pass on this one. I wouldn't blame you. I only knew of Clout because someone gave me one of their first 45s as a semi-gag a long time ago, and I wasn't entirely impressed. But "Sunshine Baby" is catchy as hell. It's kind of a reggae-ish, way over processed Grace Jones/Abba hybrid. With horns and strings, lotsa echo,..really, the works. Taken out of context, a solid addition to your Summer Jams mix.

Clout was from South Africa and started out as an all girl outfit (hence the clever design element in the "O" of their logo), adding a few dudes later. They had a hit in Europe in 1977 with "Substitute," a Righteous Brothers cover, and that really sounds like they're trying to do the Abba thing.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Clout - Sunshine Baby mp3 at Muzik Kurier
Clout - Substitute video at YouTube
More on Clout here

No comments: