Thursday, January 11, 2018

WAITNG. WONDERING. IMAGINING. THUD, INTERNET.

Try as they might, the background vocals can't ruin the Troggs "I Can't Control Myself". I can't let them. I have too much vested it the song. Forty years ago I read somewhere, likely Sniffin' Glue, that the Buzzcocks covered this Troggs song. I'd never heard of it. Remember this was early, Howard Devoto was still in the band. There was no Google, YouTube, fucking smart phones, email, internet or even home computers. Fuck, you'd be lucky to hear "Wild Thing". I carried that damn song title in my head for over three decades before I finally heard it. Now the song won't leave my head. Those backing vocals ain't taking this one.


Dig the video, "I Can Only Give You Everything" live with more than sufficient fuzz. In fact, the fuzz makes it. Thanks to Nitro-Retro for posting it.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Troggs - I Can't Control Myself mp3 at Bastien 641 (?)
The Troggs - Gonna Make You mp3
at ATumblr (?)
The Troggs - Night of the Long Knives
at Atumbr (?)

1 comment:

snee said...

the Ramones covered it on Acid Eaters