Sunday, April 14, 2013

NOT SMOKE. KISS JUNE.

No shame in my Sunday morning walk, not these days. I don't know when exactly it is that the Sunday morning walk of shame loses it's shame, but at some point in your life that "Why did I get with them?. Oh jeez..." walking to the car thought process may turn into a "I still got it." Maybe that doesn't happen to everybody. When I'm up really early on a Sunday morning, which happens more frequently these days, if I happen to be driving, I'm listening to the gospel show on the radio. And, living in a town that has rather spirited Saturday nights, I see a number of walk of shamers walking towards their cars, jackets or heels in hand. Those without shame may have their squeeze in tow (they're the reason you have to wait in line for your Bloody Mary).  So that gospel show is kind of like a soundtrack to the walk of shame survey.
 
I'm up early this morning, and I was going to listen to that gospel show, but then I saw that my friend Robert had posted a video of Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson doing Kristofferson's "Sunday Morning Coming Down" a bona fide walk of shame classic. So I thought I'd post that. When I was looking for it, I ran into a Johnny Cash live set, from 1990. This is some good stuff, twenty seven songs, between song banter and band introductions ("Steve Hogan, the bass demon"). And, as many of you would agree, Johnny Cash wasn't ever uncool, his music always stayed true, so there's no glitzy schmaltz, just good ol' American picking and singing. June Carter and sisters are in there too, so my gospel fix got taken care of, albeit country gospel. Take a look at the set list. This is the way to cure a hangover.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~  
Listen:
Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down (via Box.com) mp3 at Tone Agents
The live set: 
Johnny Cash - Live at Rocky Gap, 1990 at Captain's Dead Twenty seven songs, individually or one single download.
Video: 
Johnny Cash and Kris Krisofferson - Sunday Morning Coming Down at YouTube
Misc:
Johnny Cash early portrait Full size high resolution scan
Johnny Cash's undated to-do list

No comments: