Saturday, August 17, 2024

THE UNEXPECTED HELL YEAH


I don't know how it happened but..just wow! The Cuban born Queen of Salsa, Celia Cruz, is slated to be on a U.S. minted quarter. (That's a 25¢ piece). Soul sister Lady Spinsta hepped me to it. She knows. I totally dig Celia Cruz. Seriously, with that giant smile she had, and that voice, how could you not? And, jeez, talk about the jams?! With stellar backing and collaborators (Tito Puente, Johnny Pacheco and that whole Fania mob) her stature in Latin music was like Aretha's in soul. Massive.


I checked the old posts and none of them had any working links so, yeah, I dutifully trackew down a few. Like it or not, my super long break seems to have ended.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Celia Cruz Y La Sonora PonceƱa - Sonaremos El Tambo mp3
at Internet Archive
Fania All-Stars Feat. Celia Cruz -Cuando Despiertes mp3 at Internet Archive
Celia Cruz - Four early cuts (mix) mp3 at Internet Archive

No comments: