Thursday, April 29, 2010

A GOOD SINGER, A GOOD SONG, AND SOME STONES


It's worth the click, guaranteed. Here's a really nice, no...beautiful cover of the Stones' "Salt of the Earth" by Bettye LaVette. And because I can't leave well enough alone, an assortment of Stones stuff.

You may have heard that "Exile on Main St." is getting reissued, with bells and whistles (some with dubious overdubs). They didn't ask me, but that's an album that, short of remastering, I wouldn't have fucked with. You can get a taste of one of the doctored unreleased tracks "Plundering My Soul" below. Though the better link is the 15 outtakes of various origins at Captains Dead. But do get Bettye.

Bettye Lavette - Salt of the Earth mp3 at BrooklynVegan
Exile "outtake" "Plundering My Soul" (streaming) at Never Get Out of the Boat
15 Stones outtakes at Captain's Dead (outtakes orgins here)
Jimmy Fallon Announces Stones Week on Late Night
A guide to Stones bootlegs at a fan site

No comments: