Sunday, January 7, 2018

NO DEAD WEIGHT ON THIS ONE

This simple two minute rock 'n' roll record sent me into two days of hall closet excavating, digging through 45s just to play some shit I forgot I had. There are still a few that I've never listened to, just bought because I liked the name of the band or the song title. That's actually why I first listened to "Get Hot or Go Home'', the title. I came for the song title, and stayed for the crappy studio sound. I love the drums on this one, total cardboard. Taken as a whole, this is one fine example of an economic rocker. It's crazy though, it was recorded in 1965 but sounds much earlier.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
John Kerby - Get Hot or Go Home mp3 at Mp3 Rockabilly
Visit:
Norton Records has the 45 for ten bucks.

No comments: