Saturday, November 18, 2017

DUSTY THE SELECTER

Okay, so I'm watching the beginning of some movie and it's sizing up to be not my kind of film. Just before I was getting ready to shut it off, Dusty Springfield's "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" kicks in, That was an hour ago and I can't get the damn song out of my head. It's is a good song, if a little over dramatic. Maybe that's what I like about it. Those English women pop singers could be super polished at times, with big ol' orchestras going on. I've always lumped her with Lulu and Petula Clark in that regard. I'm sure in other places there were Sandie Shaw and others, but my introduction to these singers came from U.S. top 40 radio, and those were the three with hits over here.

When I was looking for photos, I came across the one above. What was Dusty Springfield listening to? The only possible clue is the LP in her hand. Curious, and up to a challenge, I opened up my antiquated Photo-Paint program and fucked with the perspective of the image. The result is below. Bob-B-Soxx and the Blue Jeans' "Zip-A-Dee Doo Dah", a Phil Spector/Wrecking Crew joint. Dig Billy Strange's solo at 1:27. Yee haw.

 ~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: