Sunday, September 17, 2017

THE KILLER WINS THIS ROUND

Ivan? Who the hell is that? After one listen I was convinced that it was Ricky Nelson with his nuts in a vice. It's almost comical how lightweight it is given the title, particularly if you're familiar with Jerry Lee Lewis's version. Ivan (actually the Crickets' Jerry Allison) was the first to record it (I think). Regardless, the Killer's version is the definitive in my book.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ivan (Jerry Allison) - Real Wild Child mp3 at Mp3 Rockabilly
Jerry Lee Lewis - Real Wild Child
(streaming) at YouTube
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child
(video) at Vimeo
Joan Jett - Real Wild Child
(video) at YouTube
Status Quo - Real Wild Child
(streaming) at YouTube

2 comments:

Strontiumchin said...

Fair go, buddy... but us mob over in Australia claim this one... Johny O'Keefe (our famous early rocker) put out the first version in 1958 and it went on from there.

Fun fact: it's also the theme of our national broadcaster's video clip show (sans presenters) that's been running for more than 30 years, late night on the weekends, with guest programmers. . Iggy's version was adapted for it...


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_One_(Johnny_O%27Keefe_song)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(TV_program)

Tom G. said...

Oh jeez, I just listened to O'Keefe's version. It's way better than this mystery Ivan dude. I'm likin' his voice, even on the other rather tepid videos on YouTube. Judging by the screaming girls in the live videos, he must have been quite the shit back in the day. Thanks for the tip. (As far as my accuracy. thankfully I included that "I think" disclaimer, which was added at the last minute, just because I was too lazy to actually do some legwork.) Thanks again.