Thursday, January 12, 2017

THE UNLIKELY NOT BAD COVER

To put it mildly, I'm suspect of reggae not originating from Jamaica. I'm even more suspect of reggae covers of punk rock songs. Show me a non-Jamaican reggae cover of a punk rock song, and I'll request in no uncertain terms that you get the fuck out. But, when I see a post of various semi-current (the post is from a year ago) reggae cuts that includes a song called "My War", out of curiosity, I'm gonna bite. It couldn't possibly be a cover of Black Flag's "My War", and if it is, it will surely suck. Guess what? It doesn't.

If you're gonna spout off about Black Flag's original being more Sabbath than punk rock, no one cares. Split hairs on your own time. If you'd actually been at a Black Flag show back in the day, you might see it differently.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Skints - My War mp3 at Soul Donuts
Black Flag - My War (streaming) at YouTube

No comments: