Saturday, January 21, 2017

CLASS PROJECT

This is a fun and liberating experiment. I was browsing the offerings from Bear Family, a label known for reissues. They had an Dick Dale album, Live on the Santa Monica Pier, and with the listing were fifteen samples, each thirty seconds long. You see where I'm going? I clicked on all the samples in quick succession, until they were all playing at once. It was a rush, a glorious racket. After one faded out, the rest followed, in the same order they were originally clicked on. When it was over I was wishing I had a record of it. So I did it again, this time clicking out of order with different amounts of delay, then clicking on samples as they ended, and kept the mess going for a couple minutes, composing my own surf noise symphony. If that sounds like fun to you, the link to the page at Bear Family is below. If it's not your thing, or worse, you question why it would be anybody's thing, then you're in the wrong place.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Click frenzy here:
Dick Dale - Live on the Santa Monica Pier at Bear Family
Visit:
Past Dick Dale posts Scroll down the page.

No comments: