Friday, August 5, 2016

QUESTION, FOR PAT AND DAN

I don't think they suck. Maybe there is, deep down, still something redeeming about them. They might not be my bag, not anymore, but after a debut album as good as theirs was, you know they knew how to do it at one time. As things happen, budgets get bigger, aspirations higher, and music further and further away from the struggle. It's just a matter how much it's resisted or embraced. That's what determines how fast it happens.

Never has my interest spiked as high, and waned so fast as it did with the Black Keys. I loved their first LP, and I still do. But I haven't bought anything past their second album, because what I liked about them was all but gone by their third. Check these, all from their their first.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Black Keys - Heavy Soul mp3
at SB Dave
The Black Keys - She Said, She Said mp3
at Hear Ya Beatles cover.
The Black Keys - Brooklyn Bound mp3
at Hey Lisa
The Black Keys - I'll Be Your Man mp3
at Susie Bright

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so maybe they are not as hungry as they were but they still have good bones.

Tom G. said...

That's actually a pretty good way to describe them. Maybe I long for the days when they were hungrier.