Thursday, June 30, 2016

DIDDY WAH, SELECTOR

You know that move I've been ragging about? It's unofficially done. Unofficially, because I've moved out, and I've moved in, but I have a good deal of shit in storage to go through. A lot of it will probably get dumped. A lot of magazines kept for that one article that, as it turns out, I didn't need to read again. A lot of stuff saved because the internet didn't exist. If you're too young to know pre-internet rock 'n' roll fiending, let me tell you. Fact checking and finding back stories was manual labor. Try schlepping yourself  to the main library, looking in a periodical index, in print, going to the periodical counter, requesting the magazine, and then waiting for it to be retrieved. All of that, before you've read a word. We had to learn about it out on the street

So, anyway, here's two killer cuts, both posted in March 2014 at Diddy Wah, as was yesterdays Watts Little Angel Band thing. All three slay me in different ways, "Arabian Blues" just fully hits something. Don't know exactly what it is, but it makes me feel kinda weird, good weird. Man, that Diddy Wah. Dude's been banging on all cylinders for years.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
Frankie Lee Sims – Walking With Frankie mp3 at Diddy Wah
Jimmy Beck – Arabian Blues mp3
at Diddy Wah
Diddy Wah mixes
(streaming) at Diddy Wah

No comments: