Wednesday, April 13, 2016

THE BLUES ROCK TEMPLATE

It's about that time again, time for some of your basic twelve bar blues progressions. Or something like that. Back to basics type shit. And it doesn't get any more basic than John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, the "With Eric Clapton" LP in particular. Very big with the guitarists I knew back in the day, my brother included, a gateway to Muddy so to speak. And I don't mean basic in a bad way. Textbook early blues rock is more like it, heavier on the blues side. It's when Clapton first stretched his legs. How this could devolve into "Layla" a decade later I'll never know.

The first two are from the LP, which I haven't yet mentioned is the Mayall LP to own. I don't know where "It Ain't Right" is from, maybe an outtake or something. But it's got Clapton, so it's the same era.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John Mayall final received a much deserved honor with his induction into the Blues Hall of Fame. He is the dean of the British School of the Blues.