Friday, February 26, 2016

THE O.G. RASCAL HATER

I should have never gone down this road. I heard Hanni El Khatib's version of "You Rascal You" tonight and it reminded me that I'd never heard it back to back with John Fogerty's version, the only one I knew, from 1975. The juxtaposition made Fogerty's version sound kind of like New Orleans R & B. So, I figured I'd look for the original. Holy shit, I've never been so sick of rascals in all my life. The song has a history, and there are forty billion versions. Fuggit, I'm stopping here.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sam Theard - You Rascal You (streaming) at YouTube The original 1929
Milton Brown - You Rascal You mp3
at Rocky 52 1935
Louis Armstrong and Louie Jordan - You Rascal You mp3
at Heineken 1950
John Fogerty - You Rascal You mp3
at Rock Town Hall 1975
Dr. John - You Rascal You
(streaming) at YouTube 1992
Hanni El Khatib - You Rascal You mp3
at ATumblr (?)
Geoffrey - You Rascal You
(video) at YouTube A student jazz combo, extremely tight. 2013

No comments: