Monday, October 26, 2015

IT'S 4:21 SOMEWHERE

Man, I was starting to panic. I was having a hard time finding a live post of "It's Monster Surfing Time", the album by the mysterious studio band, the Deadly Ones. It's a no-brainer this time of year, and a guaranteed cheap post I look forward to taking advantage of. Sorry if you've heard it, been there, done that, but some of the younger creeps may not have. That's how damn thoughtful I am. 

I've looked and looked and found nothing of a backstory, with the exception of songwriting credits at AllMusic. Out of the twelve songs, five were written by "J. South". Is it Joe South? I don't know. That's why I continue to look for a backstory. Every year I give it up after a few pages of search results. Would knowing more make it a better album? Possibly. Would knowing it was the brainchild of Joe South diminish my respect for him? No. Is it a throwaway novelty LP, or a brilliant double cash-in? Or is it time to stop thinking about it and just get nutty already?

NOTE: When you click on the link at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban you'll be taken to MediaFire. Click only on the green "Download" button. If there is no green button, just clear your browsing history and cookies and try it again. Likewise if you've been there before and just didn't bother to download it. Just remember,green button only, clear history. Now go give them hell.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: