Tuesday, June 23, 2015

ALL THAT HAIR. AND A SNAKE.

A couple days ago, I put Alice Cooper make up on George Gershwin. I gotta be honest, I think it made him look pretty sharp. One thing I failed to do was give Alice Cooper props for one of the greatest lines ever written. In "School's Out", the second verse goes as follows: "We've got no class, we've got no principles, we've got no innocence, we can't even think of a word that rhymes." Genius. Why bullshit, right? Not only that, the song is an upmost declarative fuck you to the nine month prison that is school, a last day of school anthem for anyone who was of that age in the decade or so that followed it's release. 

There's a lot of early Alice Cooper that's worth hearing. Here's just a couple, Oh, and in another oversight from the earlier post, I remembered there's another show tune that I like. In Alice Cooper's "Gutter Cat versus the Jets" the second half of the song is Leonard Bernstein and Steven Sondheim's "The Jet Song" from "West Side Story". So that's two songs from musicals I'll cop to. Oh yeah, watch out, I'm a musical dandy.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Alice Cooper - School's Out mp3 at William Burkey (?)
Alice Cooper - Under My Wheels mp3 at Synthesis Radio Dig the Horns.
Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen mp3 at Roy Blakely (?)
Alice Cooper - Gutter Cat vs the Jets (streaming) at YouTube
Video:
Alice Cooper - School's Out at YouTube
The Jet Song from West Side Story at YouTube

No comments: