Tuesday, April 14, 2015

PROTO YOUR MAMA

Ooh wee baby. Going through some old bookmarks, I wound up on a back page at Mustard Relics, on a page aptly titled Epic Tunes. What have we here? The first MC5 single, a cover of "I Can Only Give You Everything", from 1967, and Death's "Politicians In My Eye" from 1974, on the same page? I am down with that.



All of you should be familiar with the MC5. This first 45, released on the small regional label AMG, is a fairly straight forward cover, albeit with early Detroit gusto. Oh, but that thing by Death is a mighty blast, particularly when you consider it was recorded in 1974. It's like Pink Flag-era Wire meets metal.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
MC5 - I Can Only Give You Everything mp3 at Mustard Relics 1966 Go there to get it, about halfway down the page.
Death - Politicians In My Eyes mp3 at Chunklet 1974
If the links go haywire, try them over there.

No comments: