Thursday, April 23, 2015

PEABODY IN DA PIT, YO

This is for anyone who has a visceral reaction or vivid associations when they hear Damaged, the first Black Flag album. It was everywhere when it came out, at least it was in the places I was around. I never even bothered to buy it because it was like a lot of the albums over the years. So many friends owned it, I knew it like the back of my hand just by hanging out where it was being played. And, man, dang me if hearing "Rise Above" didn't start the WABAC machine in motion tonight. 

After hearing a few cuts from the album, I ran into the whole shooting match at Mustard Relics, along with live versions of all of the songs. 

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Blag Flag - Rise Above mp3 at DK Presents
Black Flag - Six Pack mp3 at One A Day
Black Flag - TV Party mp3 at ATumblr (?)
The album:
Black Flag - Damage LP at Mustard Relics The whole LP in individual mp3s along with live versions.
Visit:
Damaged - LP entry at Wikipedia

No comments: