Saturday, March 14, 2015

SALES PITCH

Some of you might already know this because the word has apparently been out for a while, but I just found out. (No one tells me anything.) The Sonics have a new studio LP coming out on March 31. (Certainly one of you knuckleheads could have said something.) If you have an ounce of trepidation, thinking they've mellowed with age, you'd be forgiven. It has been four and a half decades since their last studio LP. But worry not ye fiends of larynx shredding vocals, crunchy guitars and filthy sax. They still have it. With three of the original members, guitarist Larry Parypa, sax player Rob Lind, and Gerry Roslie on organ. you have the meat of the band. Particularly essential is Roslie, he and his indestructible pipes. Worn maybe, but not off the road. The one new song that's online has me licking my chops. I'm about to do something I've never done. I'm pre-ordering an LP. Dig this one:



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
The standards by which all are judged. Vintage Sonics bread and butter skull busting:
The Sonics - Psycho mp3 at Bag of Songs
The Sonics - Strychnine mp3
at Gimme Tinnitus
The Sonics - The Witch mp3
at Ryan Bossetti (?)
The Sonics - Shot Down mp3
at Net Profit (?)
The Sonics - Have Love Will Travel mp3
at Wigh I Were There
The Sonics - Money mp3
at Girl Jukebox
The Sonics - Don't Be Afraid of the Dark mp3
at Ink Mathematics
Order the LP:
The Sonics online store

No comments: