Sunday, February 8, 2015

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED

Fat Tuesday is a little over a week away, I'd imagine the wooping it up has already begun down there in New Orleans. I've only been down there once, arriving mid-Mardi Gras and staying a day or so later. A bunch of my friends, along with my brother and I went down. Our ersatz local guides were our friends Harold and Holly They told us where to go, off the beaten track, and hosted our excesses, and what not. One night their radio was tuned to WWOZ when Ernie K-Doe was doing his radio show. Harold was a regular listener, and taped some of his shows. A few weeks after I returned home, he sent me one of the shows on a cassette. I still have it here someplace, in one of "the boxes". You know how it is, you probably have a disorganized mess of your own. Regardless, it's on a cassette, and Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban has a seventy minute show ready to go, so when I need a fix I've got that one at ready.



Ernie K-Doe, for those of you don't know, was a New Orleans rhythm and blues singer, one of many who exemplified the New Orleans sound. That much I'll give you. But I'm not going to lay out what's been done more thoroughly elsewhere. Well. Just get out of here.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ernie K-Doe - A Certain Girl mp3 at Hearsay
Ernie K-Doe - Wanted, $10.000 Reward mp3
at J Yuenger
Ernie K-Doe - Mother In Law mp3
at Net Animations (?)
Ernie K-Doe - Popeye Joe mp3
at Probe Is Turning-On the People
Ernie K-Doe - Here Come the Girls mp3
at Brendan McGetrick (?)

Radio show:
Ernie K-Doe on WWOZ at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Visit:
Ernie K-Doe at Wikipedia

No comments: