Thursday, January 22, 2015

THE FUNKY MULE IS TIGHT AS HELL

Aw, screw it. I was going to go into some early stuff by Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm, but then I got sidetracked by stuff from 1969. Sucked in. Check these, all from the same LP. Do not skip "Funky Mule", you'll understand why. Check the drums. Dig the beat baby. It is insane.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ike Turner and The Kings Of Rhythm - Black Beauty mp3 at Rock Town Hall
Ike Turner and The Kings Of Rhythm - Getting Nasty mp3 at Rock Town Hall
Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm - Funky Mule mp3
at ATumlr (?)

3 comments:

espen E. said...

Change of pictures registered, Tom; Snoop Dogg give you a call? ‘Cause the first one you had up there could certainly raise suspicions as to where his momma was spending her nights, ‘round about ’70/‘71.

e

Tom G. said...

To be honest, I don't remember what the original image was. I just thought the bird photo was cool.

I'm always changing posts long after they've been posted. I cringe when I look at some of the stuff I've written. Or sometimes I find a photo a day or two after posting and think "aw, damn, I should have used that one", and then think "hey, what's stoppin' me? I'm da boss!"

Espen E. said...

Yep, You Da Boss, Tom. And the new pic is better than the original (portrait w/ braided 'do รก la Snoop)… more layered. Bird Power.

As for the cringing, I think it's a sign of healthy (and humble) intelligence. You have a standard of quality and want to deliver accordingly. Most people should cringe more. And revise their stuff. The world would be a better place.

Stay Funky. And Tight. e