Thursday, December 18, 2014

THE GATEKEEPER

If you hate malls as much as I do, you avoid them like the plague. Alas, as dumb luck would have it, yesterday I had to go to a mall, a busy mall packed with sweater assholes in Santa hats, to get some glasses at one of those quickie shops. (My glasses broke and reading classes were killing my eyes.) I waited, holding it together for an hour and a half, while all of that rampant consumerism was giving me the creeps. That kind of negative thing, somewhere between bemusement and disgust. All I could think about is rushing home and listening to Hasil Adkins to wipe the whole experience out of my head. Seriously, it seemed the only antidote. And the dude delivered. Good ol' reliable Haze. It was if he were waiting there for me, at ready, drawbridge down, rushing me back into Fort Weird. Home sweat home.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Visit:
Hasil Adkins - The Great Lost Album at The Hound Blog The story behind the album with photos and a video of a 1984 performance of "She Said"

No comments: