Monday, December 8, 2014

MEET 后海大鲨鱼

I don't know what to think about these guys. First the name, Queen Sea Big Shark. Awesome, a name that doesn't mean anything. That's just great. I checked out a video, for a song called "Bling Bling Bling", that sounds like (asshole alert) Ennio Morricone arranged by Lee Hazelwood, with Billy Strange or a stoned Duane Eddy playing guitar, and a woman singer. After watching the video a couple times (because Ennio Hazelwood does that to me), I run into an acoustic version, performed while driving around in a car, and even with just an acoustic guitar it retains the feel.

Not quite satiated, I run into a radically different sounding collaboration with someone named Llman, called "Dirty Party", It sounds like electro or some such shit, but it's really catchy and fairly hard sounding for synth based stuff. By this time I'm getting all sorts of mixed signals. I checked some song samples at Amazon and on their web page and didn't get one step closer to figuring them out. Then I run into a video of that raises all sorts of questions. Apparently they had a beef with a sound guy, and they, the drummer in particular, give him a skinny band beatdown, Dude tries to sucker punch him and doesn't really make contact, but it would have been hard enough that you have to wonder what the fallout would be. Being in China, would there be public scorn, or was it enabled by the same celebrity amnesty that happens in Western countries? Would they be charged with anything? Screw it. I'll let you take it from here.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Video:
Visit:

No comments: