Wednesday, November 5, 2014

FOR SISTER LADY SPINSTA

I know I've linked to them on several occasions, but have you ever actually visited Sir Shambling's Deep Soul Heaven? You should. I was kickin' it over there today and ran into Betty Harris's "Trouble With My Lover". Damn thing gave me chills. Her voice, the swamp guitar, the horns, punctuated by the of baritone sax, the New Orleans beat, the spooky background vocals. This is the package. Oh, okay, I just read the blurb by Pete Nickols at Sir Shambling's, which I hadn't before writing that description, and he points out those very same elements. So you know. Wait, now that I think of it, why would I care that you know that? I'm just pointing you to an awesome site and a great song. Other than that, I don't give a shit. I'm a wild man. I own two flyswatters.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Betty Harris - Extensive bio with eight more songs at Sir Shambling's Click on the linked song titles within the bio.
Betty Harris - Break In the Road mp3 at this post Posted just a few months ago, but an insanely good song.

No comments: