Saturday, October 25, 2014

HE SOLD "LOUIE LOUIE" FOR $750

You do know Richard Berry right? The guy who wrote "Louie Louie"? Oh jeez, it just occurred to me, there's a possibility that some of you don't even know that song. That thought sort of creeps me out. Anyway, he also wrote "Have Love Will Travel", a song that's been covered by everybody and their mother. I've posted the song before, but I just ran into the version by the Imperialites, who are from San Diego, which is where my ass is planted. So, really, this is for my homies, particularly the one that recommended it to me a year or so ago. To AEC, whoever the hell you are.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Richard Berry - Louie Louie mp3 at Art Decade
Richard Berry - Have Love Will Travel mp3 at Club Cortez 
The Imperialites - Have Love Will Travel mp3 at De Discos y Monstrous
The Sonics - Have Love Will Travel mp3 at Beware of the Blog
The Black Keys - Have Love Will Travel mp3 at The Adios Lounge
Big Sandy - Have Love Will Travel mp3
at Radio George

Louie Louie source, via the Rhythm Rockers:
Rebe Touzet - El Loco Cha Cha Cha (streaming) at YouTube

No comments: