Thursday, September 18, 2014

NO SHIT, HE DID MORE THAN ONE.

Yeah, I know you. You're like the rest of us who like to pat ourselves on the back because we know the original version of a song that someone later covered in a radically different way. You're not like that? Let's take Ted Taylor's "Ramblin' Rose" as an example. I can hear you, "Ooh, ooh, that's an easy one, that's the song that MC5 covered". Very clever.  Now name one more Ted Taylor song. See what I mean? We've got to get over ourselves. We really don't know shit.

That all came to mind when I ran into another fine cut by Taylor at Diddy Wah, "I Don't Care". I realized that I knew none of Taylor's other work, so I did so preliminary digging. You know what I found out? Nearly everything I heard by Taylor was top shelf "How come this guy's just a footnote?" quality. Humbled again.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~  
Listen:
Ted Taylor - I Don't Care mp3 at Diddy Wah Go there to get it.
Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Trying mp3 at Soul Garage
Ted Taylor - Top Of the World mp3 at Soul Garage
Ted Taylor - Ramblin' Rose mp3 (via Box.com) at If There Is a Hell Below 1966. Note: At Box.com, click on the "Download" button in the top right
MC5 - Ramblin' Rose mp3 at Probe is Turning-On the People
Ted Taylor - 16 more cuts (streaming) at YouTube
Visit:
Ted Taylor at Wkipedia  

No comments: