Monday, August 25, 2014

APPLES AND ORANGES

This was bound to come up sooner or later. My general distaste for hokey surf related vocal songs. Not that they annoy me musically, but because they are so far removed from the real essence. (Please tell me you know what I mean.) But a whole hour of girl groups doing surf related songs? If only for the novelty, what the hell, I'll bite. But not before I watch this insanely cool footage of Linda Benson at Makaha. That's her in the photo above, same break, 1959. The footage below is from the early sixties, if I'm not mistaken. Dig the coffin at 1:10, followed by a nice head dip on the same wave. She was hot.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Crayons To Perfume's - Those Shubee Surf Bunnies! at Beware of the Blog Hour long radio show in single mp3.
Visit:
Linda Benson
at Encyclopedia of Surfing

3 comments:

Strontiumchin said...

Hey! That vid only of old man Brian doing that thing of his... is that right?

PS Love this blog... are you in Australia? If so, greetings from Darwin... keep up the good work!

Tom G. said...

Not sure which video you're talking about, but there was a Brian Wilson video posted a few days ago.

I'm actually in Southern California, but greetings back anyway! And thanks for the nice words. Don't be a stranger!

Cheers, Tom

Strontiumchin said...

My mistake...