Thursday, August 28, 2014

A PINT OF OLD HARPER

American Graffiti: badass movie, badass soundtrack. Without a doubt, one of my favorite movies of all time. While it's not what you'd consider high art, if you're into late fifties and early sixties rock 'n' roll, it's hard not to elevate it a bit.  When I first watched it, I identified with the whole hanging out while not really doing anything feel of it. I identified with some of the more awkward situations, and the characters, particularly Toad, and I came to love some of the less rock 'n' roll songs on the soundtrack. Director George Lucas gave the fifties to me and my friends. The rock 'n' roll, the cars, the girls, and the style; but the most tangible gift was the soundtrack. Those sounds diluted the less than savory seventies crap that was an everyday nuisance. Think of it, you have a choice. The Doobie Brothers, or Buddy Holly? What's it gonna be? It's no fucking wonder we played the shit out of that soundtrack.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Kip's American Graffiti blog Exhaustive blog by a complete fiend, and I mean that in the best possible way. All things American Graffiti. History, rarities, and the just plain interesting. If you dug the movie, this is a must.

No comments: