Wednesday, July 16, 2014

VERY FUNNY. GIVE 'EM BACK.

Blame it on the oddballs. I ran into Roy Orbison doing a Coke commercial yesterday, and today I ran in to a song sung in German. Reason enough to revisit some of his early stuff. You know as well as I, early almost always wins.

I'm just going to go ahead and get this out of the way: Roy Orbison-vocals, guitar; Johnny Wilson-guitar; James Marrow-electric mandolin; Jack Kennelly-bass; Billy Pat Ellis-drums. That's the line-up for Roy Orbison and the Teen Kings' "Go, Go, Go", a 1956 Sun release. You'll be curious after hearing it. I'm just saving you the trouble of tracking down who was responsible for this compact slab of genius. Of particular note is the guitar, which is insanely tight. ¡Es lo mejor, Jerry! ¡Lo mejor!

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: