Monday, June 9, 2014

COP TO IT

I was just goofing around over at Boogaloo Time, and I ran into Tom Jones's "Chills and Fever". That was gonna be it. But then I listened to "She's A Lady" again. Holy fuck, that's one reason I don't mind being my age. I got to hear "She's A Lady" coming out of a tinny speaker on an AM radio. Compare that to...oh fuck, nevermind.

Check this video of him with Janis Joplin. It smokes. There's some sort of weird show biz mutual respect chemistry thing going on there. I really, really dig it when they're dancing together during the sax solo. But the whole thing, beginning to end, is just plain awesome. Even the fully freaking dancing extras are a gas.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Tom Jones - Chills and Fever mp3 at Boogaloo Time
Tom Jones - She's A Lady mp3 at LZ Center Jimmy Page on guitar.
Tom Jones - Thunderball mp3 at Bond Movies
Tom Jones with the Pretenders - Lust For Life mp3 at Cover Me
Video:
Tom Jones with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Long Time at YouTube 1969
Tom Jones - Treat Her Right at YouTube
At 1:17, severe case of ants in pants.
Visit:
Tom Jones before The Voice - an ex bandmate reveals tales of tunes, girls and Krayshe at The Mirror UK Tom Jones's early years hi-jinx

No comments: