Friday, February 7, 2014

KNOW THEM

I can't say anything about Impala that reads better than their bio over at Electrophonic. They rule (or did). I first heard them in the soundtrack of Teenage Tupelo, the film by Mike McCarthy (badass that). Nothing, though, could have prepared me for one of their long players, one song after another. Surf, strip tease, Morricone, Stax, noir, it's all there, in varying degrees. A real crafty instrumental salad bowl. You need to shell out for an album. That's how to listen to Impala. Really, open your fly catcher, a strong buy as they say. And do read the bio, it's a real hoot.

Scott Bomar, wherever you you are: I'm linking to your uploads. Wait, hear me out. I am honestly, sincerely encouraging people to buy your music. I'm linking to the songs below, because I assume you want them heard. If you'd rather I find some streaming versions, or not post them at all, say the word. Hope this finds you well. Your music kicks ass. 

Bomar was the bassist in Impala, is now a member of the Bo-keys, and the brains behind Electraphonic Recording.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Impala - Epilogue mp3 at Electraphonic Recording
Impala - Night Full of Sirens mp3 at Electraphonic Recording
Impala - Rope of Sand mp3 at Electraphonic Recording
Impala - Tomb of the Tupelo Twin mp3 at Electraphonic Recording
Visit:
Impala - Bio at Electraphonic Recording
Electrophonic Recording

Electrophonic Recording at Wikipedia
Guerillamonster, the World of Mike McCarthy A real cornucopia of cool shit.

No comments: