Saturday, December 21, 2013

THE MAN DOES CHRISTMAS

Man, if there's one thing I hate about the holiday season, it's all the running around. Pick up this, pick up that, and don't forget to bring something or other to this get together or that. It's bogus in my book, but I generally just go with the flow. (Pick your battles.) The past few days though were made somewhat bearable, thanks in no small part to a Chuck Berry binge. I swear, his stuff is made for driving around. I was cranking it to eleven, friends, and loving it. So much so that I caught myself driving the speed limit and not speeding up to make it through the yellow lights, behavior usually reserved for funeral processions. Speaking of funerals, Chuck Berry is still alive. Even if he's not out and about all that much these days, it's comforting to think that he's still plugging along back in ol' St.Lou. Here's his Christmas record from 1958. It's insane to think that these were released on the same 45. "Run Rudolph Run" was a B-side. Whoa.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Chuck Berry - Run, Rudolph, Run mp3 at Snuhthing Anything
Chuck Berry - Merry Christmas Baby mp3 at Panic Stream
Keith Richards - Run Rudolph Run mp3 at Panic Stream

No comments: