Sunday, September 22, 2013

VU SHAKE

I was listening to an unlabeled mix yesterday, dated 10/09. The instrumental version of the Velvet Underground's "Guess I'm Falling In Love" came on. It sounded righteous. This has happened before, same song. I never have to go looking for it. Every once in a while it just pops up, as if reminding me it's time to revisit its awesomeness. I still totally dig it. I like that it sounds like the Velvets, but it doesn't sound like the Velvets. It's kind of garage, but it isn't. Without the vocals, if you hadn't heard the song before, you might not be able to tell what band it was, or even what year. If you haven't heard it before, give it a go.

There's also a link to two different versions of "Some Kinda Love" at Boogie Woogie Flu. Nice write up too. If you haven't poked around here much, there's a bunch of Velvets related stuff that's been posted in the past. Scroll down this page. A lot of the songs are still there.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Velvet Underground - Guess I'm Falling In Love (instrumental) mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Velvet Underground - Some Kinda Love (Closet mix) mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu Go there to get it
Velvet Underground - Some Kinda Love (Val Valentin mix) mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu Ditto
Note: No idea if the photo is the same incarnation that recorded any of these, I just dug the photo.
Visit:
Other Velvet Underground posts Scroll down

No comments: