Sunday, September 29, 2013

STUDIO ONE SECOND STRINGERS

It was that kind of day. If you live in Southern California, you know what a Santa Ana is. For those that don't, it's a weather condition that brings warm dry air in from the east. Higher temperatures, clear skies, and offshore breezes; most common in the fall. It kind of extends summer, therefore it rules. That by itself would have made my day. But what really made my day (commence ho-humming any time), was that the closest record store to me, literally within barefoot walking distance, is now stocking, albeit limited titles, Studio One vinyl. Primitive cover art, crappy printing, and all. Neither of those two positive events of the day merit a post in and of themselves, but they do merit a "I'm going to cap this day off by doing what the fuck I want" type post. And I want reggae. Specifically Studio One. This is just a random selection, with the emphasis being lesser knowns. My favorites in this lot are the Dynamics and Larry and the Cables.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Dynamics - Let's Make Love mp3 at Dusted Studio One
Winston Jarret - Just Can't Satisfy mp3 at Bad Luck City Studio One
The Sharks - How Could I Live mp3 at Reggae Top Site Studio One
Larry and the Cables - Please Stop Your Crying mp3 at Snuhthing Anything Studio One

No comments: