Tuesday, September 3, 2013

OH YES IT'S LADIES NIGHT

I wasn't even looking for Alvis Wayne. Never heard of him before tonight. I was poking around looking for stuff on Rollin' Rock Records, of which there is little, and ran across their MySpace page. (Hey, I know, but do you think Rollin' Rock is going to follow the pack? Hell no, MySpace makes sense.) I ran into a tune by Wayne, which is pretty good, a little repetitive with the lyrics, but dig that sound. What really hit me was the promo photo on the page. My first thought was "Whoa, the ladies will dig this". Of course, this being the era of PC overload, I hesitated. Then I thought to myself, fuck it. A few of my lady friends will dig it for sure, and those are the ones I'd probably rather hang with. No need to look for flaws. I think we've established they're everywhere.

I went looking for another Alvis Wayne cut, and guess where he popped up? At good ol' Rocky 52's. That guy never ceases to amaze me. Dude's the man. I think we've established that too.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Alvis Wayne - Don't Mean Maybe Baby mp3 at Rocky 52
Alvis Wayne - (not sure of the title) (streaming) at Rollin' Rock's MySpace

3 comments:

Timmy said...

Really like the first song posted here. The second won't allow me to play...

Timmy said...

It works today... This title could be: "Goin' Down to the river"

Tom G. said...

That would have been my guess, but that's what it would be, a guess. Hence the (?)