Friday, May 10, 2013

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Every once in a while, it's just the record cover. If it's a good one, I'll try to like the music. I'm like that. Not necessarily because the music demands serious consideration, it's more like appreciating the music as part of a package. If the cover is bewildering, I'll try to find something bewildering in the record.

Good old Harold y su Banda don't disappoint. Here's the thing. The cover is a little odd, not necessarily freaky, and the music is a little odd too, to me anyway. Both as an funky ultra thick wall of weird thing, or busy Latin funk disco. I can't tell for sure whether I really like it, or find it irritatingly busy. Maybe both. I'm just sitting over here, bewildered, man.

The host of this music, Musica del Alma, refers to it as Heavy Colombian Funk and b-boy catnip. There are some fine beats. I am so damn fresh. Anyways, it's something different. It's a big world out there.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Harold y su Banda -Busque El Gato mp3 at Musica del Alma
Harold y su Banda - Latino mp3 at Musica del Alma
Harold y su Banda -Two more, and all four streaming at Musica del Alma plus a bigger scan of the LP cover

No comments: