Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MEET LINDA GAYLE

Fu-huck yeah. There is no other way to put it. This song just flat out kicks ass. I'm not dumbing it down, I just can't express it a better way. That is what it does. It makes me want to bounce off the walls, and other things far less responsible. It's a cover of Bob Dylan's "Maggie's Farm" by Linda Gayle, from 1965. If you're thinking, "oh yeah, another Dylan cover,...ho hum", think again. If you don't believe me, it's you're loss. I don't want to elaborate, because I don't want to ruin it for you. So do this. Just go there, sit back and take in the first few seconds. Then buckle in.

It appears to be one of those odd mysterious force 45s, because everything else I've heard from her is tamer, some considerably so. Though, her version of "Got My Mojo Workin'" is good, it's nowhere near as good as the Dylan cover. That's the one. That's when everything comes together, when a song becomes a party. A party that you want to be at. This comes from Boogie Woogie Flu, and I'm not linking directly to the mp3 because his blog deserves to be visited. (It's just one more click.)

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Linda Gayle - Maggie's Farm mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu Go there to get it.
Linda Gayle - Got My Mojo Workin' (streaming) at YouTube

No comments: