Monday, January 14, 2013

ONE NON-HIT WONDER

This is the one thousandth post,...I think. I could be wrong. Anyway, it occurred to me that there's probably a lot of good stuff buried in old posts worth revisiting. What the hell. I checked the first song that I ever posted five years ago and was surprised as all get out that the link was still live. So here's the Ardell's "Stronger Than Dirt", which I described back then as sounding like the Sonics locking horns with the Surfaris in a battle of the bands, "essential". Sounds about right. It's one of those raw really banging songs. There's not much band info online, just a brief mention in a Wikipedia multi-band Ardells entry. It is apparent that it was based on an old Ajax cleanser commercial, and there are other versions online, but this one is the best.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Ardells - Stronger Than Dirt mp3 at Probe is Turning-On the People
Watch:
Ajax commercial at YouTube

2 comments:

Matt said...

Congrats on 1000 posts. Thanks for the great music and staying regular. I'm always dropping in.

Tom G. said...

I was going to post a smart ass reply, but you know what? Thanks Matthew Charles. Sincerely. You just made my day.