Monday, January 28, 2013

FIRST TIME HOLLER

Where in the hell have I been?  Until about an hour ago, Carol Fran was completely unknown to me, and that probably would have remained the case if Derek's Daily 45 hadn't posted one of her songs. His description was gushing, so I bit. Holy shit, I don't know what it is about this song. It's a mother loving keeper. It's got much. The vibe, the simplicity, the pace, the horns, the "Workin' In a Coal Mine" type rhythm, the prominent tambourine bashing, Fran's piano playing and her voice. Damn, is her voice hearty. This is one of those songs that makes errant trolling worthwhile.

I was only able to find one more mp3, a later one. But check that second one, "Roll With the Punches", another how come nobody told me about this? The want list gets longer.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Carol Fran - I'm Gonna Try mp3 at The Soul Girl
Carol Fran - Roll With the Punches (streaming) at YouTube
Carol Fran and Clarence Hollim - Door Poppin' mp3 at Shen (Japanese)

No comments: