Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DEAR ROCKERS, DON'T BE CHICKEN

I put on John Coltrane's A Love Supreme LP last night when I was fixing dinner. Less then a minute into it, I had to stop what I was doing and give the music my full attention. There's a reason why that album is held in such high regard. It's freakishly good, and even on my stereo, which is sufficient but nowhere near excellent, it sounded as though the players were right there in my living room. At least part of it was the separation, which had Coltrane coming out of one speaker, but the production quality overall is unimpeachable. While it continued to play, I hurriedly finished making dinner. A couple minutes later, when I was chowing down on a carnitas burrito and listening to the second cut "Resolution" I stopped again to think, with that combination of the burrito and the song, it had been a very long time since my head absorbed that much sensory goodness at once.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen: 
Visit:

No comments: