Tuesday, July 31, 2012

THE KURIER RETURNS


Just a few weeks ago, I did a couple posts about Musik Kurier, a blog by a guy named Axel that was kind of an anomaly in my link list. It didn't feature rock 'n' roll, vintage soul, garage, or, really, any music that would be deemed cool by most people I know. But it was a regular stop on my rounds because it did what so many blogs fail to do. It consistently featured all sorts of music that I didn't own, hadn't heard, and in most cases didn't even know existed. Some genres were familiar, but most artists were not. International pop, disco, funk lite, oddball jazz, soul, boogaloo, funk, Philly soul, reggae pop, ballads, and atmospheric type stuff were all crammed in there, and he posted with amazing regularity. And you know what? His online host pulled the rug out from under him and deleted what must have been years of hard work. To put it in context, this was a guy who I would love to have visited and gone through his record collection, because the stuff he posted is stuff I would probably have never given a chance if it wasn't posted on his blog.

The good news: Musik Kurier is back. He said that he's probably going to concentrate on mixes, and they may be just streaming. You cherry pickers that have to have stuff on your own chosen gizmo may be disappointed, but I'm not. I'll take the Kurier's stuff any way he dishes it out. The first three posts are what he deems "Soft and Tender," but don't let that put you off. Bookmark it, and visit it periodically. Break out of your rut. It's a big ass musical world out there, and the Kurier will take you places you never thought you'd go.

Visit:
Musik Kurier
The Sleepy Lagoon
- His other blog, exotica and lounge
Musik Kurier
on Facebook

No comments: