Tuesday, June 26, 2012

THE KURIER DELIVERS


Try as I might to resist going off about a particular blog, as opposed to a particular artist or genre, sometimes I just have to let out a "Hey look at this!" for someone who seems to evade the radar of search engines and blogrolls. Musik Kurier is one such blog. I don't remember how I ended up there a few years ago, but it's the kind of site that can easily eat up a few hours. It's consistently turned me on to a lot of music that I wouldn't have found anywhere else. There's all sorts of non-rock 'n' roll stuff: soul, boogaloo, funk, international, philly soul, reggae pop, and disco. A word of warning to disco-phobics: It's a mine field over there. He does have Sophia Loren doing bossa nova, so you lilly-livered sapsuckers should just watch your step.

The best part of stumbling onto Music Kurier was the serendipitous landing on the post with "Sunshine Baby," by Clout. It's tagged as reggae, but it is not at all straight reggae. This song has got some sort of late-Abba/reggae pop vibe that has somehow gotten into my head. Everything tells me to hate it, yet it's forced many repeated plays. There's been many like that. The site is a damn treasure hunt.

NOTE: As of July 2, 2012, the Kurier site is gone. The links below won't lead anywhere, so I'm disabling them. I will post a link to Musik Kurier whenever, or wherever, it reappears. You can keep tabs on them via their Facebook page, Twitter, or their Mixcloud page.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Clout - Sunshine Baby mp3 at Muzik-Kurier This is a hit, here anyway.
Sophia Loren - De Jour En Jour mp3 at Muzik-Kurier Novel bossa nova
Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff mp3 at Musik Kurier Funk-kay, but you knew that.
Bob & Earl - Harlem Shuffle mp3 at Musik Kurier Arrangement is most awesome.
Jaqee - Kokoo Girl mp3 at Musik Kurier Like Two Tone-lite
The Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau Part 1 mp3 at Musik Kurier
Isaac Hayes - Walk On By mp3 at Musik Kurier Epic
The Temptations - Papa Was a Rollin' Stone mp3 at Musik Kurier Norman Whitfield poduced.
Undisputed Truth - Law of the Land mp3 at Musik Kurier Ditto.
Visit:
Musik Kurier - The black hole of a rock 'n' roll-less world
The Sleepy Lagoon - Their other site, streaming exotica
More stuff from Musik Kurier on this post

2 comments:

Musik-Kurier said...

Thanks for writing about my blog... it's a real pleasure to read. A Disco-Delivery is coming up next...

Tom G. said...

Love your blog. Really, I get lost over there. And I just realized I don't have you linked on my blog roll. That will be corrected in minutes.