Thursday, March 22, 2012

OI DUDE...


Hadn't heard this one in a while, and, I gotta say, when I did it put me smack dab back in my late teens, pouring through NY Rocker, looking for the ad to mail order straight legged black jeans from Trash & Vaudeville (really, hard to imagine but back then it was the only place you could find them). I was still living at home, had a $75 Honda 90 for transport, and in it, that is punk rock, deep. It changed the way I looked at things going forward, and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that really is its legacy. Not the music, not the spiked hair and not the straight legged black jeans. Mark Perry knew that, way back then. He was the editor [sic] of Sniffin' Glue, one of the UK's earliest punk zines, and lead singer of Alternative TV.

I don't remember if Killed By Death, the hosting blog of these golden oldies, disables direct linking or not. But you'll probably want to go there anyways. That site is chocked full of early punk goodies; some you'll know well, some worthy obscurities, and a hell of a lot that probably shouldn't have ever been released. But that's part of it. Anyone could do it, and anybody did.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Alternative TV - How Much Longer mp3 at Killed By Death
Alternative TV - You Bastard mp3 at Killed By Death
More (a couple Cali-centric searches):
Dangerhouse Records posts at Killed By Death The Avengers, X, the Deadbeats, the Weirdos and the Randoms
Slash Records posts at Killed By Death The Germs and the Plugz
Visit:
Alternative TV, aka ATV, at Wikipedia
Sniffin' Glue at Wikipedia

No comments: